Thank you for your purchase!
We are very excited you made the decision to have a Wizard Product installed in your home.
Here you will be able to register your product and see what is required for proper maintenance and operation of your screens.
We trust that you will enjoy years of trouble free use and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Maintenance and Operation
To ensure your retractable screens functions for years of trouble free use it must be maintained and operated in accordance to these guidelines.
General Maintenance Tips
- Screens should be retracted when not in use. This helps maintain the longevity of your screen and keeps screens clean.
- Do not allow dirt or debris to build up in the tracks, vacuum/ clean as necessary
- Periodically clean and lubricate tracks with Wizard Dry silicone spray
- When cleaning be sure not to use corrosive cleaners, as they may damage the painted finish. Track grooves must be kept clean. Remove dust from grooves using a brush, cloth or vacuum.
- To clean the mesh we suggest vacuuming it with an upholstery brush, being careful not to snag the screen material.
- In areas of harsh environmental conditions such as beachfront or industrial areas cleaning should be done more regularly – especially in areas where the screens and doors are exposed to salt-water or other highly corrosive agents.
VistaView and Horizon Specific Maintenance Tips
- Always release the Hand Brake System to move the screen. Rotate the brake lever (this releases the brakes) before sliding your screen to desired position.
- Allow spring to retract the screen - do not force or push the screen back.
- Wind load may affect the screen’s operation. Vistaview and Horizon Screens should not be operated in winds in excess of 20mph.
- Use Wizard Dry silicone in the systems mesh slot in the track to ensure the screens move freely. Do not spray where the brake is.
SmartScreen Specific Manual and Motorized Maintenance Tips
- If an object prevents the unit from lowering, lift the dropbar up manually and remove the obstacle.
- Interruption of power can affect motorized unit operation. Ensure that power is still getting to the unit.
- Remote controls have a limited battery life. Replace the battery if the light does not come on when the buttons are pressed.
- Wind load may affect the screen’s operation. Motorized screens should not be operated in heavy winds.
- Cold weather conditions such as snow and ice can affect screen operation. Ensure your screen is fully retracted into the housing to prevent ice buildup on mesh or slidebar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the Screens need much maintenance?
- From time to time your screens may need some attention, especially in high use areas. If you notice that your screen is not operating like it did originally please perform recommended maintenance tips.
Who do I contact for service?
- Please contact the dealer who you purchased from that installed the screen. Please ensure you retain and provide a copy of your original invoice for any warranty related claims. Any troubles please contact our offices.
Can the retractable screens be repaired?
- Yes, they can. Even though the screens are very durable and professionally built and installed, accidents do happen. Please contact the local dealer who you purchased from to service. If the only damage is the screen mesh itself, most likely you will need a re screen and no need to purchase a new retractable screen.
Can I remove or repair the screen myself?
- We recommend you contact the local dealer who you purchased to remove or repair the screen. If you attempt to modify, repair or remove the screen from original installation it may result in damage and a potential void in the warranty.